IPD is a Global Manufacturing & Distribution Company Providing Quality Components for Heavy-Equipment.
In 1955, IPD began as a partnership between friends Bob Rasmussen and Walter Storm whom both had backgrounds in manufacturing and distribution of off highway products. They began packaging and selling Gasket sets for Caterpillar equipment under the Industrial Parts Depot brand.
In the 1960’s & 1970’s they began to expand their offering and launched additional product lines like turbochargers, injector nozzles and eventually their innovative induction-hardened cylinder liners.
In 1981, IPD acquired Jahn’s Pistons and began their history of piston design, engineering and manufacturing. By 1984 they had developed the first 3 Ring piston for Caterpillar 3208 Engines which reduced blow-by and increased engine performance and longevity.
For the next two decades IPD continued to grow and expand into new product lines and territories around the globe and today stands as one of the Globe’s largest and most well renowned diesel engine parts manufacturers.
- IPDSteel pistons are engineered and manufactured in the USA
- IPD Aluminum pistons ultra-sonic tested to assure proper ring insert bond, critical for high ring location pistons
- Induction-hardened cylinder liners offer longer engine life
- IPD Gaskets manufactured from the highest quality heavy-duty materials at IPD headquarters in the USA
- World renowned engine bearings, pistons, gaskets and engine kits
- Many IPD products protected by assigned and pending IPD patents
- IPD designed grooved connecting rod bearings help reduce cavitation and extend bearing life
- IPD designed Crevice seal style liners help reduce cylinder liner movement and extend o-ring life
- First to market with induction hardened liners
- Convenient bundling of gasket sets with the IPD 1-2-3 Gasket Sets